Rad Reading – December

This month I read Unstoppable, by Tim Green. It starts out as the main character Harrison on the Constable’s farm. A place where foster kids learn discipline until adopted. But then Harrison’s luck changes and he gets adopted by loving parents and the Dad coaches football, what Harrison watched on his free time. Harrison then starts living life as a normal kid, going to school, playing sports, and gets a crush. But then, fate takes a turn for the worst, Harrison had been diagnosed with a disease that involves maybe never playing football again. Will he power through being crippled, or will he never step on the 100 yard field again.

I really liked how inspiring and true this book is. A true realistic book about student life at home and at school. Along with the detailed description of everything and especially what it’s like to be the new kid in sports and school. That is why I like the book.

My favorite character in the book is Justin because he is welcoming. When Harrison had moved to the new home Justin was very nice and bought him Subway. One quote to prove this is “Good, you want some Subway?”

My favorite quote is “You know what people like are that quit, a gimp.” Said by Major Kirk Bauer. This is my favorite because it is what motivates Harrison to do more and not stop at the minimum. This is what helps him get through the tough time when he is crippled.