A Shortcut

I was walking home from the store one day when I decided to take a shortcut through the woods since it would end up in my neighborhood. I had always done that walking home from school and during the summer I worked on my path with my friends. The woods were hilly and confusing making it hard to traverse. But the now finished path was flat and went around the hills. But for some reason the woods felt different today. There was a heavy fog laying trapped in the woods and it looked like Chucky was going to pop out any second. But it was getting late, so I had to go through. I saw the path and headed on it quickly. I was nearly halfway home when I saw something glowing in the distance. I decided to check it out. It was over a few hills but when I got there I was stunned. It looked like someone had shattered the fabrics of reality. There was a glow in the center but there was something that looked like broken glass surrounding it in suspended animation. I grabbed a rock and chucked it into it. The thing glowed and made a zapping sound. I got a little too close though and it started pulling me in. I screamed and tried to break free but it was too strong. I woke up in a weird world. The sky was green but the trees were blue! But then I remembered that it was getting late and had to dreadfully turn around. The thing sucked me in again and spit me out again. I would definitely be back here again. It was a very interesting shortcut.